Homes Adapting to Climate Change
Buildings / Climate Change / Energy / News / Professional Service / Rebuild Flood Resilient

Homes Adapting to Climate Change

Long before the floods that devastated the Northern Rivers in February and March, ZEB has been promoting and publishing information about improving homes energy efficiency to reduce emissions as an action that directly reduces Byron Shire residents carbon footprints. In addition to reducing emissions, improving the energy efficiency of your home will not only improve…

Byron BYD EV Expo – Sunday 11th September – Bangalow Showgrounds
Climate Change / Electric Vehicles / Energy / Events / Expo22 / News / Transport / ZEB Events

Byron BYD EV Expo – Sunday 11th September – Bangalow Showgrounds

The principal sponsor of our EV Expo is BYD (‘Build Your Dreams’), one of the world’s leading advanced battery and electric vehicle manufacturers. BYD will be displaying the ATTO 3, built to Australian specs, and offering the lowest price for an EV currently on the market in Australia: $44,381 standard range (410km), or $47,381 extended…

Making plans for the next ZEB Electric Vehicle Expo!
Climate Change / Electric Vehicles / Energy / Events / News / Transport / ZEB Events

Making plans for the next ZEB Electric Vehicle Expo!

In some positive news, Zero Emissions Byron plans to stage an Electric Vehicle Expo on Sunday, 11 September 2022 at Bangalow Showgrounds. And we need some volunteer help. If you have an interest in Electric Vehicles and Events, would you like to join our small – but perfectly formed – EV team to help with…

Award Winning Mullum Care’s Library of Stuff
Buildings / Climate Change / Energy / In the Media / Land Use / News / Transport / Waste / ZEB Story

Award Winning Mullum Care’s Library of Stuff

Among Byron Shire Council’s Australia Day Awards, the Library of Stuff was awarded ‘Community Initiative of the Year’. (Pictured above: Sasha Mainsbridge at left, with Library of Stuff co-founder, Celine Massa, with their Community Initiative Award.) As Council describes it: “The Library of Stuff is a community operation that shares infrequently needed items with its members who are…

Byron Shire Council Achieves 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY target
Energy / In the Media / News / ZEB Story

Byron Shire Council Achieves 100% RENEWABLE ENERGY target

Since 1 January, Byron Shire Council is sourcing 60% of its total electricity needs from one wind farm in the NSW Southern Tablelands (pictured above).  The remaining 40% is being sourced from certified GreenPower projects.  This means Council has now achieved its 100% renewable energy target five years ahead of its 2027 goal. “Achieving 100 percent of our…

Low Carbon Christmas :  Does your business reduce emissions?
Buildings / Climate Change / Electric Vehicles / Energy / Land Use / Transport / Waste

Low Carbon Christmas : Does your business reduce emissions?

WWF Report Details a Huge rise in demand for sustainable goods during Pandemic New global research conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), commissioned by WWF, shows a staggering 71% rise in popularity of searches for sustainable goods over the past five years, with continuing growth during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the full story on…

Instead of using a car for local trips, Gerd & Bavara use their electric scooter
Electric Vehicles / Energy / Transport / ZEB Story

Instead of using a car for local trips, Gerd & Bavara use their electric scooter

Gerd Kuhlmann supplied this story as an entry to our Fight for Planet A campaign in August 2020 Bavara’s car had broken down, we needed a second vehicle and wanted to avoid another petrol car.  New electric cars were still too expensive for a second vehicle. I read an article in my RENEW alternative technology…

Summer is Coming! Get your home ready to stay cool:)
Buildings / Energy / News / Professional Service

Summer is Coming! Get your home ready to stay cool:)

by Sebastian Crangle There are actions we can take to prevent them from: a)  becoming uncomfortably hot in summer, and/or b)  needing large amounts of energy to keep them cool. Creating an energy-efficient home calls for measures beyond typical air-conditioning and fans.  Keeping the heat out of your home is better than cooling your house,…

Solar for Northern Rivers Not For Profits
Buildings / Energy / News

Solar for Northern Rivers Not For Profits

In July the Northern Rivers Community Foundation (NRCF) announced its partnership with Community Owned Renewable Energy Mullumbimby (COREM) to grow and support their Revolving Energy Fund. By being able to access a zero-interest loan for solar, community organisations in our region can transition to renewable energy sooner rather than later and put more of their…