Fight for Planet A and Win!
It’s a simple idea. We want you to share your stories about actions you’ve taken to reduce your emissions and each month two caring sharers will get to select from our Prize Pool. PLEASE FOCUS YOUR POST ON ONE ACTION. We want you’re story to make someone else think, “I can do that!” and a single act is easier to copy than a list of actions:)
If you missed the 3 part ABC TV series that is our name you can catch up at ABC iview. We couldn’t believe our luck with the timing of this program as we’d just published our 12 point Changes You Can Make & ACT NOW posters so we created this fantastic campaign to encourage locals to keep choosing and implementing changes that will reduce their emissions by offering the chance to win great prizes.
The Fight for Planet A and Win! campaign is lead by Zero Emissions Byron in partnership with Enova Community Energy, Community Owned Renewable Energy Mullumbimby (COREM) & Resilient Byron and with the support of businesses who are contributing to our Prize Pool.
Each month beginning November 1st, two winners will be announced ; one selected at random and the other selected by a panel of the campaign partners as the stand out entry for the month.
To enter you need to join the Fight for Planet A and Win! Facebook group, post a photo or video and description of the action you’ve taken to reduce your emissions either at home, at work, at school or on holidays and sign up for updates from ZEB. You must be a Byron Shire resident to qualify. Full terms and conditions can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
Sign up for updates from ZEB
Join the Fight for Planet A and Win Facebook Group
Please share your emissions busting stories on our Fight for Planet A and Win! Facebook group here. If you don’t do Facebook but you’re keen to enter and ok with us sharing your story on socials please email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIZE POOL as @ 20th January 2021
Simply Ethical Advice – Ethical Health Check for your Investments or Super fund RRP up to $660
Vision Walks : Eco Tours – Night Vision Walk for two people RRP $298
Popcar – 48 hour vechicle hire including fuel and first 200km’s driven* RRP $210
Archimages Arcitecture – 1 hour consultation on smart build or renovation project RRP $200
Macadamia Castle – Day pass for 2 adults and 2 children RRP $90
Mullum Cares – Library of Stuff Membership & Mullum Cares water bottle RRP $65
Byron Shire Council – Compost Bin or Wormfarm RRP $59/$85
Bonus Prizes (pick one)
Zero Emissions Byron T-shirt RRP $30
Byron Trails (book) RRP $30
In the Tigers Mouth (book) RRP $35
Sustainability for Educators (book) RRP $35
* any further Km’s driven will include a 0.25c/km charge. All joining and subscription fees waived associated with becoming a Popcar member. To be eligible to claim this prize, you must hold a valid driver’s license P2 or higher and have a valid credit card. Tolls, fines or insurance excess are not included and the driver will be liable if any are incurred during their trip.
Prize Pool Contributors
Terms & Conditions
1. Two winners will be announced each month beginning November 1st. One completely at random, the other for the entry’s stand out qualities. Chance plays no part in determining the second winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual merit, by a panel of members from the climate change action groups supporting this campaign.
2. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights.
3. One Fb post / one email equals one entry only. If an entrant has multiple actions they wish to submit to be accepted as multiple entries they must be submitted as separate posts or emails.
4. Employees and committee members of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
5. To enter, entrants must have subscribed to updates from Zero Emissions Byron and included a photo or video with their written description of the action they have taken to reduce emissions.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
7. The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. All entries become and remain the property of the promoter aassociated with this promotion (Zero Emissions Byron).
9. Winners of the competition must either be 18 or over or have the permission of a parent or legal guardian to enter and to receive a prize 18 and be Byron Shire residents.
10. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.